Modifications to your iSync application are done at your own risk. Back up iSync before messing with it.
Where is This MetaClasses.plist File?
- Locate iSync.app, usually in your Applications folder.
- Right-click or ctrl+click iSync.app and choose "Show Package Contents" from the contextual menu.
- Dig through the following folders: Contents > PlugIns > ApplePhoneConduit.syncdevice > Contents > PlugIns > PhoneModelsSync.phoneplugin > Contents > Resources. In that folder will be a file called MetaClasses.plist and icons for all the supported phones.
- Open MetaClasses.plist in a text editor or preferably Apple's Property List Editor which comes with with Developer Tools package. You did make a backup first, right?
- Once done editing, just save the file. You may or may not need to re-add your phone to iSync afterwards.
Adding Calendar Syncing to the Verizon RAZR
- First, there's probably a reason that this is disabled, again, don't blame me if your phone stops working. UPDATE (4/9/06): Seems that synchronizing a small number of events may not show any problems, however, a large number of events may very well kill your phone.
- Open the MetaClasses.plist file as explained above.
- Search for "com.motorola.razorV3cVerizon". If you dig through the child keys of com.motorola.razorV3cVerizon, you'll come across a key that says "supportsCalendarsSync". Just change this to "yes" if you're using Property List Editor, otherwise, if you're using a text editor, change the <false/> to <true/> and save your changes to the file.